Do You Know Wyoming’s Official State Song? [Poll]
Let’s face it, Wyoming doesn’t have the most popular of all official state songs. How many of our own citizens even know it. I confess that when I was asked today, I guessed “Song of Wyoming” from John Denver, but no …
Subscribe to 106.3 Cowboy Country on
Do you think it’s time for an update? Wait, that’s not the poll question. It’s coming up right after the lyrics if you want to skip them, just scroll on down to it.
- In the far and mighty West,
- Where the crimson sun seeks rest,
- There’s a growing splendid state that lies above,
- On the breast of this great land;
- Where the massive Rockies stand,
- There’s Wyoming young and strong, the State I love!
- In the flowers wild and sweet,
- Colors rare and perfumes meet;
- There’s the columbine so pure, the daisy too,
- Wild the rose and red it springs,
- White the button and its rings,
- Thou art loyal for they’re red and white and blue.
- Where thy peaks with crowned head,
- Rising until the sky they wed,
- Sit like snow queens ruling wood and stream and plain;
- ‘Neath thy granite bases deep,
- ‘Neath thy bosom’s broadened sweep,
- Lie the riches that have gained and brought thee fame.
- Other treasures thou dost hold,
- Men and women thou dost mould;
- True and earnest are the lives that thou dost raise,
- Strength thy children thou dost teach,
- Nature’s truth thou givest to each,
- Free and noble are the workings and thy ways.
- In the nation’s banner free
- There’s one star that has for me
- A radiance pure and a splendor like the sun;
- Mine it is, Wyoming’s star
- Home it leads me near or far;
- O Wyoming! All my heart and love you’ve won!
- Wyoming, Wyoming! Land of the sunlight clear!
- Wyoming, Wyoming! Land that we hold so dear!
- Wyoming, Wyoming! Precious art thou and thine!
- Wyoming, Wyoming! Beloved state of mine.