Five Fun Ways To Celebrate New Year’s Eve In Cheyenne
If you haven't made plans for New Year's Eve yet, here are five fun ways to ring in 2019 in Cheyenne.
1. The New Year's Eve Ball Drop in the Depot Plaza - Again this year, there are two events, both free to the public. The children's party kicks off inside the Depot at 3:00 p.m., followed by a kid's countdown, ball drop, and fireworks show at 6 p.m. Then, the adults come back and do it all over again at Midnight.
2. Roller City's All-Night Skate Party - Only one New Year's Eve bash in Cheyenne goes until the sun comes up. Roller City's annual event offers 12 hours of skating from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., along with hats, noisemakers, a balloon drop, door prizes, fountain drinks, and a breakfast snack for $25.
3. New Year's Eve Drag Cabaret at the Historic Atlas Theatre - Oblivia, the Queen of the Clueless, and the Cheyenne Little Theater Players go "Under The Big Top" for a circus-themed extravaganza. The production is followed by drinks and dancing until 2 a.m. with tickets starting at $15.
4. Travel Around the World at Alf's Pub - Alf's will be counting down every hour on the hour from Noon until 1 a.m. The party kicks off in Pakistan and ends in Las Vegas with stops along the way in Moscow, Athens, Amsterdam, London, Rio De Janeiro, Chile, Nova Scotia, New York, and Michigan. Admission is free.
5. The Paramount Ballroom White-Out Party - The swankiest celebration in town features champagne, hors-d'oeuvres, party favors, and an open bar with beer, wine, and craft cocktails. White, formal attire is recommended and the $120 ticket price is all-inclusive with food, beverages, and gratuity.
Several local venues will also be hosting live music on New Year's Eve, including the City Creek Acoustic Band at The Crown Bar, the Ft. Rocky Mountain Rebels at the Redwood Lounge, and The Rusty Chaps at the Historic Plains Hotel.