Happy National Coffee Day
If you had too many brewskies for National Drink A Beer Day yesterday, maybe you need to celebrate National Coffee Day. Or maybe you're like me and just baffled there's a national day for everything...
I am partial to a good cup of coffee to start the day... after all, it calms you down while it picks you up.
Can you believe that was an actual ad campaign in the 80's? Now there's a Starbucks on every corner.
Here's a couple of my favorite Cheyenne spots to grab a cup of joe and celebrate the day:
If you're into grinding your own beans, here's a couple of places I've tried and loved:
And finally to celebrate National Coffee Day, here's 10 health benefits from drinking coffee according to onemedical.com.
- Coffee is a potent source of healthful antioxidants.
- Caffeine provides a short-term memory boost.
- Coffee may help protect against cognitive decline.
- Coffee is healthy for your heart.
- Coffee may help curb certains cancers.
- Coffee may lessen your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Your liver loves coffee.
- Coffee can enhance exercise performance.
- Coffee curbs depression.
- Coffee guards against gout.
*Like National Beer Day, I recommend you enjoy your coffee in moderation. Over-doing it is not only harmful, it basically cancels out all of those health benefits and does the opposite. So enjoy a cup or two, but not eighteen this morning.