Top 5 At 7:45 – The Best Of The Cowboy State: Wyoming
She did it again! Wyoming celebrated another birthday anniversary yesterday, July 10. This makes our state 124 years old. We've come a long way since the days of just being a territory.
Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight what I think are the top 5 attractions of what is known as The Cowboy State. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays on KGAB Mornings with me, Gary Freeman.
- Wide Open Spaces - Unlike many places in New York, we know our neighbors, but don't have to live on top of them.
- Open Carry - A great attraction of Wyoming is that we have a right to carry firearms openly and concealed without a permit.
- Down Home Hospitality - I could tell you about the times when we ran a bit short on cash at the grocery store and someone behind us made up the difference. The funny thing is that we found our self doing the same thing for others.
- Site Seeing - Where does one begin? From Yellowstone National Park, the Grand Tetons to the Devil's Tower. We'd be here all day if I listed them all.
- Rich History - Many things have transpired since Wyoming was just a territory and from the time she became a state. We were the first state to allow women to vote, had the first woman Governor of the state, plus - Wyoming was a hot spot in the building of the Transcontinental Railroad, Fort D.A. Russell and much more.