Severe Thunderstorms Possible In SE Wyoming, Nebraska Panhandle
The area most likely to receive severe weather does not include Cheyenne or Laramie. But it does include Torrington, Lusk, Scottsbluff, and several other communities.
The agency posted this statement on its website:
Scattered thunderstorms may become severe are possible today, generally across the Nebraska Panhandle and southeastern parts of Wyoming. Storms will move east and will begin to develop around 1 PM MDT then finally tapering off around 8 PM . The main threat area is highlighted in yellow but storms can form nearby the yellow focused area. The main hazards associated with these storms are strong wind gust, small hail, and flash flooding if a storm stalls. Frequent lightning will also be a threat. Stay weather aware today, and make sure you have a way to get the most up to date forecast and warning information: weather.gov/cys.
- Frontier Fun Food Festival Announced By CFD
- American Idol' Virtual Auditions Are Coming to Wyoming!
- The Best Mexican Restaurant in Wyoming is Here in Cheyenne
- 10 Things You Should Never Say To Someone From Wyoming
- Farmers’ Almanac Says Lots of Snow and Cold in Store for Wyoming
- 4 Of Wyoming's Worst Wildfires