Trying to Become a Morning Person? These Tips May Help
These tips could have you springing out of bed by springtime!
We live in a world where there never seems to be enough time to sleep. It's go, go, go 24/7. I actually enjoy the morning. I love breakfast, a hot cup of coffee, and that time of day just before the sun peeks over the horizon. But even as someone who feels that they are a morning person, it's hard to roll out of bed sometimes.
There are ways to fix this.
Yes, you heard right. You can become a morning person. Or, at the very least, you can make it a little easier to get out of bed in the morning. Refinery 29 recently put together a list of 9 Things That Will Make You More of a Morning Person. They may not be easy to do at first, but over time they will become habit. Give yourself 30 days and tackle a few of these at a time.
1. Don't hit the snooze button because it never ends well
2. If you wake up in the middle of the night, don't look at the time
3. Try to get natural sunlight first thing in the morning to help set your body clock
4. Stop logging your sleep hours since poor numbers can actually stress you out and make it harder to get good sleep
5. Stick to a consistent sleep schedule, even on the weekend
6. Keep your alcohol consumption to a minimum
7. Exercise in the morning since it can wake you up
8. Don't rely of caffeine to wake you up
9. If all else fails, see a sleep doctor who can help you figure out why you're not waking up feeling rested